i went to an art gallery/show/hipsterinvasion. i am so not into the hipsters, and yet i find myself living among them, as an adopted baby raised by wolves. the cops came, and it kind of sucked. now i’m drinking a beer, eating pizza, and uploading pictures from karaoke. i love my life.
“Im so darn glad he let me try it again
Cause my last time on earth I lived a whole world of sin
Im so glad that I know more than I knew then
Gonna keep on tryin
Till I reach the highest ground”—stevie wonder
i always get really excited to come home to my parents for a few days. this trip i was especially stoked for, as i have been suffering from a death cold for the past couple weeks, and some sunshine and mom seemed like the perfect cure. trips home, in reality, stress me out. hence the bitter(sweet) title. the following are observations i have made about my homeland, orange county.
1. being from orange county.
2. not being blonde or having any synthetic parts, and still having to say i’m from orange county.
3. having to operate a motor vehicle to go anywhere.
4. bros. and worse, bro hoes.
5. bars where everyone refers to eachother as “bro, man… bro”.
1. sunshine 90% of the time.
2. fully stocked cupboards. somehow moms always have ever ingredient for whatever you want to make, which comes particularly in handy when you have a craving for chocolate chip cookies.
3. my godsister having copies of every movie that came out in 2008/2009. tonight we’re watching MILK.
4. borrowing clothes from the sisters.
5. falling asleep protected, and knowing that nothing bad is going to happen when you’re home.