this was a big trend on facebook, and i caved. i thought ya'll might enjoy reading my "25 random things".
1. i am convinced that if i auditioned for the real world i would get picked. i’ve even had dreams affirming it. a conservative but liberal christian former cheerleader/art student who grew up in the oc to bodybuilding parents and relocated to san francisco to pursue her dreams of being a professional bossy person? please, i’m a shoe in.
2. i never use a razor twice, i just buy disposable ones. something about it weirds me out.
3. whenever we played pretend my name would always be emily and i would always be 9. i think it’s because it’s the quintessential little girl’s name, and my real name sounds like a boy’s. and i might have had a minor case of peter pan syndrome.
4. i was a horrible speller as a child. i always asked savana to spell things for me. she is an excellent speller.
5. i always wish when i’m supposed to. examples include, blowing on dandilions or eyelashes, holding my breath in tunnels, wishing at 11:11, etc.
6. i know the lyrics to most top 40, hip hop or pop songs from the last 30 years, at least. usually, when i hear one played, i will scream “THIS IS MY JAM!” they are usually all my jams.
7. i am insanely jealous of beyonce. in fact, sometimes i can’t look at photographs of her and jay z because i get so green with envy. i wish i could BEEEEEEEE her. seriously.
8. i read really, really fast. i try not to buy books because i am usually done with them within a day. that being said, i love to read.
9. my best friend and i speak our own language. her mom gets it, my mom just thinks we are weird. whatever.
10. as a child i would punish myself. my mom would look at me, i would burst into tears and send myself to my mom. i would then crawl to the top of the stairs and yell “i’m ready to come out” when i had composed myself.
11. i have to pee all the time. this is because i had a former job (i will not mention specifics) that was super boring so i would drink bottles and bottles of water just so i could get up and go on bathroom breaks. i shall live with the consequences forever.
12. i used to want to be an astronaut, a ballerina, or the first woman president.
13. i have always had a big mouth. one time i told a girl i couldn’t go to her house to play because my mom didn’t trust her mom. of course she told her mom and… oops. i’m learning to think before i speak. it’s a learning process.
14. i participated in the richard nixon geography bee in middle school, and as i recall, i placed fairly high. i got a certificate and maybe a pin? i don’t remember.
15. one time in college (my first year) my roomate and i got mad at our third roomate for not ever cleaning, so i put the dirty, disgusting vacuum cleaner in her bed. she moved her mattress into the hall in protest, so i put our couch on top of the bunkbed. i know, i’m heartless.
16. i am a super control freak and i hate it when things don’t go my way. however, i am mess, unorganized and i hate cleaning. i must be a walking contradiction.
17. i love anything sparkley, glittery, rhinestoned, and borderline gaudy. call me a magpie.
18. i love to craft. when i grow up i want a huge room just for projects. however, i will not make my own clothes. that’s candace’s job.
19. sabrina ward harrison changed my life. if you haven’t read her book, do it. she inspires me to be real.
20. i really enjoy making people happy, even though i’m bossy and like to tell people what to do. deep down, i’m a people pleaser.
21. i used to dress my youngest sister frankie and her friend krystal up as gangsters and make them dance to “ghetto superstar”. she was two. she pronounced it “ghetto stuperstar” and to this day, knows all the words. too bad youtube wasn’t around yet.
22. i truly believe with every ounce of my being that my sister savana has the most beautiful voice in the world. i constantly try to make her sing to me, especially on the phone or when we are in a public place. she usually refuses. wise girl.
23. i made my dad go with me to get a manicure and pedicure and i called it “diva day”. i almost had him convinced to do leopard print on his toes until the damn nail ladies kept giggling. RUDE!
24. at one short point, my mom, dad, savana and i were all group x instructors at 24 hour fitness. i gave it up to be lazy and happy, but the rents are still living the dream.
25. i have at least 10 best best friends, and i wouldn’t trade it for anything. i just hope i can be half the friend to them that they are to me.
OH SNAP I’M DOING MORE!!!
26. i usually go against the grain. if everyone is wearing black, i’ll wear leopard.
27. i was a girl scout until eighth grade, and usually was top cookie seller every year. i guess i’m a born saleswoman.
28. my junior year of high school i had the opportunity to cheer in the macy’s thanksgiving day parade but my mom wouldn’t let me go. she denies it, and i guilt trip her so she will buy me treats.
29. i love sesame street and anything muppets, and freakishly resemble red from fraggle rock. google it.
30. my dad can beat up your dad. but he might break a hip.